Because I'm tired of having to search for these everytime I set up a new Firefox install. We need to be able to create profiles, so that it remembers all this kinda stuff…
These are the add-ons and extensions I consider must-haves:
- Flashblock Blocks all embedded flash objects from playing automatically. Just click the flash icon to start.
- livehttpheaders Has a window showing all client and server headers as they whiz by
- Addblock Block stuff easily
- Web Developer Toolbar Adds a menu and a toolbar with various web developer tools.
- Download manager tweak Allows you to customize how the download manager behaves
- Add Bookmark here Puts an “Add Bookmark here” menu item into your bookmark menu
- Update Bookmark Puts an “Current > URL” menu item in the bookmark context menu. Handy for updating bookmarks, say for online books, or sites without an RSS feed
- User Agent Switch Allows you to switch what your browser identifies itself as
These are the search engines I usually add
This list is
probably not complete. Meh. being updated.