While slowly beating my brains out with a SAP shaped hammer, the oh-so -helpfull IT support called, and asked why I was trying to use the native SAP client? I asked what was wrong with that? To which he replied:
Well, no-one uses it, and its really bad.
Yeah, no shit Sherlock.
So I kindly informed him that I had previously reported that the SAP web application had stopped working, and had turned into a paint program. He said, “By any chance do you have the zoom set to anything other than 100%?”
As my brain slowly started processing the idea that a client-side zoom setting had caused the ENTIRE application to hang, I realised that I was trying to apply Reason in the first place. So I simply did what the IT guy said, and checked.
Oh. My. Fracking. God.
Behold – the IE zoom level of death:
I set this back to 100%, and wouldn’t you know it, it started working….
…. ah yes – we all knew this wasn’t actually going to solve all the problems. In fact, it has joyfully created another problem.
The report which I had wasted my ENTIRE DAY on is inaccesable from the web client. The IT guy on the phone said those dreaded words:
“Huh. Never seen it do that before.”
I said that if I have to delete my report, and start ALL OVER AGAIN, I would come through the phone and strangle him. He laughed, but with that tinge of fear caused by the realisation that I might actually manage it, somehow.